Dave obviously had to work all day, but we were able to go out for some nice dinners each night & walk along the beach. I mostly hung out around the hotel & the beach during the day but was able to venture out shopping one day. Dave, was also able to spend some time with me before we flew out that Friday ~ so we headed down to the Kennedy Space Center Museum. We saw an awesome 3-D Imax movie about the International Space Center & then played around in the rocket garden for a while. It was very interesting & fun! The trip, in whole, was SO relaxing & just what I needed before this baby comes. Brooke & Tammy ~ thanks so much for helping us make this happen. We owe you!


View from our hotel balcony (just a little walk down to the beach)


Dave with the rocket garden (retired rockets) in the back

Cock-pit of a real shuttle today

Becky in front of the retired "Explorer" Shuttle


Us aboard the "Apollo" ~ I can't imagine 3 of us floating around in that little thing through space. Crazy! But that's what they used to do.


This was the "Mercury"~ I could barely fit in it myself, let alone lay down in it. Dave said that was actually one of the requirements to be an astronaut ~ you had to be a "small" person.

The full view of what I was sitting in ~ pretty tiny!


Real life Astronaut, answering questions outside

Dave thought it would be funny to take a picture of my ice-cream on my prego-belly. Silly boy.
The girls both told me Addie fit right in with the rest of the kids. Here are some pictures Tammy shared with us:


No comments:
Post a Comment