Wednesday, August 11, 2010

4th of July (Cherry Days)

4th of July was so fun this year. We met up with Mom and Dad Riley & Aunt Trudy (who was here visiting). They packed a wonderful dinner (pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw and black-bottom cupcakes) ~ Holy goodness!! We went to the Cherry Days celebration in N. Ogden. They had live music up on the high school football field. The first band had their neighbors in it & they were great. The second band was a local acapella group called "T minus 5". I think I'm going to look them up ~ they were awesome & so fun to listen to. They sang right in to the fireworks starting . . . which I might say, were amazing! It was a great time!!

Cowgirl Addie modeling Grandpa's hat & sunglasses

Cutie-doodie w/Grandpa

Mom & Trudy shading themselves ~ Awww, cute sisters

Bree wasn't so keen about the ride on Grandpa's shoulders ~ lil' stinker

The girls ate up all the attention from Mom & Auntie Trudy

Snuggles from Grandma (Bree)

Grandpa's turn (tickling her face)

Love this shot!

Becky & Dave

Sweet face

I just put this picture in to remind me how Bree responded to her first fireworks. She was pointing her finger up in the air and saying "See!" . Haa haaaa . . . it was so cute. I was surprised she wasn't scared, they were pretty loud!

Addie was catching all the baby grasshoppers (I'd never seen so many & tiny too!). And her pockets were filled with them ~ too bad she didn't understand they wouldn't "live" that way! Aunt Trudy really buddied up with Addie and even had a sleep-over with her that night :)

No comments: